Philip Thompson Ltd use the most innovative and cutting-edge estimating software solutions for the Construction Industry.
The estimating software produces Quotations, Schedules and traditional Bills of Quantities with descriptions and prices created from Labour, Plant, Material resources contained from our comprehensive libraries.
Our professional estimating resources can supply comprehensive bids for all manner of construction projects. We recognise the role of an estimator can be a very pressured one, and requires a great level of concentration, some of which will result in erratic office hours to ensure tender return dates can be achieved.
Our estimating software allows a Bill of Quantities to be simply and quickly prepared in a variety of ways and printed as a set of professional documents. The Estimating function can cover the whole range of Civil Engineering and building operations from Site Investigation through to the commissioning stages
Example Estimates produced for Clients over the past twelve years include:
- Road Construction Projects
- Drainage Schemes for both surface water and foul drain systems
- Water main installations in both rural and urban environments
- Forest tracks and timber haulage routes
- Reinforced Concrete Structures including water tanks, retaining walls and bridges
- Building - New Build commercial developments, storage facilities & housing
- Building - Refurbishment
- Rates can be directly entered or built up from Labour, Plant, Materials and Subcontract resources
- Rate build-ups can have waste factors applied which reflect a true quantity
- Waste factors can be set at individual Item level or globally across all Items
- Resources can be substituted at item level or globally
- Resource prices can be adjusted globally, with the Bill Rates being automatically updated
- Preliminaries can be entered and calculated outside of the Job pricing, and the Preliminaries value transferred to the Bill as a set of Bill Items or as a percentage adjustment to the measured work
- Profits can be adjusted across Labour, Plant Materials, and Subcontract elements and across individual/groups of Items
Reporting & Exporting.
- Professional quality Bill of Quantities printed, with or without rates, profit, VAT or converted to another currency
- Resource analysis can be printed without rates, to form the basis of an enquiry to suppliers or sub-contractors
- The Job can be printed with selected Resources rates, allowing Labour-only, Labour & Plant etc Bills
- All reports can be exported to an .xlx or a .csv format file for use in spreadsheet programs such as Microsoft Excel
- All reports can be saved as PDF files.